Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Big One...


Greetings and Salutations everyone!

Dutch Rabbit here and I have a few annoucements.

First of all everyone here at Rabbit Scanlations would like to thank the community
for their interest in Netoraserare. Without y’all we wouldn’t even be doing this.

THANK YOU!

I also would like to thank “Nobody Noes” who slaved away on their own to provide us
a copy of Chapter 20 ready for typesetting. You really helped us all out. (Bows)

If you enjoy this and other Konomi Shikishiro work,


Now for the Big Announcement:

We here, as much the readers out there, hate the delay and uncertainty
of when source material becomes available to read; yet alone produce an ENG version.
We rely on you, the community, and kind and brave Anon-sans’ donations
to help the ENG version see the light of day.
As grateful as we are for everyone’s help in this endeavor,
we understand that kind of help can be a burden and come with great cost.

With that in mind, I want to put the “scan” in Scanalation. 
From now I Dutch Rabbit, on behave of Rabbit Scanlations,
will take on the role of providing the actual source
material for the remaining chapters to come.

I’ve already have a vendor in mind that I can place orders through with any hiccups.
From the time Namaiki! hits shelves in Japan, I believe it’ll be delivered
on my side of the world in 2-days. If I was able to get my
through them without a problem, I don’t see why Netoraserare would be.


Placing an order just for Namaiki!, including shipping,
would run me around $20 USD ($5 Namaiki!, $15 shipping).
To help offset the steep shipping cost, K-Slice and myself,
will be ordering other h-manga we want to add into our collections.
I’ll cover the cost for adding Namaiki! and split the shipping cost
evenly with him when it comes to the combined shipping.

(However with the rumor of Namaiki! going digital distribution...
I dunno how this is gonna work.)

I had an all-in-one printer station deal but that’s been broken and long gone. 
I’ve been in need of replacing it so I’m using this as an incentive to do so.

With that in mind, I like to ask you guys for some recommendations
for all-in-one printers/scanners that can scan manga really well.
Keep in mind that I don’t wanna break the bank;
I think I can budget $160 tops for one.
(it’s gonna be a tight month for me.)

Doesn’t need to have all the bells in whistles but one that’s a
pretty well balanced office type would do
 Key features I’m interested is wireless/network capabilities and USB access.
I’ll hit up retailers this week to do research on them myself.

A personal announcement:
It’s kinda a good thing for me that we won’t see the next chapter in the next Namaiki! issue. 
I have a month’s time to cram as much IT knowledge as I can for a potential job interview. 
So basically I’ll be pullin’ a Kintarou Oe like in the first episode of Golden Boy; wish me luck.


Also another scanlator reached out to me for some assistance. 
It’s a bit of a favor too but I do want to help out this perso
and share my know-how with them in any downtime I have.
So it’s gonna be a busy 4 weeks for me…

Good thing a con is coming up for me to relax and unwind. ^_^

Lastly (though not set in concrete) I'm playing with the idea of providing our:
raws, scripts, and blanked out (text bubbles blanked) chapters to come
to help disseminate and expedite other language translations.
They would be released a day or two after the ENG release. 
All I ask is that give credit where credit's due
and credit "Rabbit Scanlations" for anything you use from us.

That also reminds me. 
For those how have D/L'ed a HQ version of Chapter 20,
I'll release our ENG translations layers for it soon. 
They will be in .PNG format with transparcies. 
These layers will also have a slight update; Sands got back with us. 
This update doesn't effect anything major.
Just grammar updates and slight rephrasing. 

All you have to do is use something like Photoshop or Gimp and load
which ever page and copy/paste/load our ENG layer over it as a top layer. 

You'll have to adjust it by moving it left or right a bit but it should match-up fairly well.
Gimp, for some reason, only saves in its' proprietary format, ".xcf".

So I recommend Irfanview to convert this, and .PSD (PHOTOSHOP),
to whatever image format you want. Check out the Batch mode feature. 

This should go without saying but these should be for personal use only. 
If you post a married version based on our ENG layers
then you're on your own if any vengeance falls upon you; but not by us.

Thanks for reading!






1 comment: